Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Year, Schmew Year

Yep, it's been a long time since I've blogged. And since I am almost three weeks into the new year, and have no desire to go to great lengths of explaining my doings, I will give a bulleted list of the most exciting/stressful/recent/interesting/random facts of my 2009 thus far. Ready?
  • After today, I have 39 days left of being officially single.
  • After today, I have 39 days before I become Jewish-by-marriage.
  • I'm still recovering from a traumatic experience involving a sneeze and my gynecologist.
  • "Hey Lauren, can you plan a baby shower two weeks before your wedding?" Sure.
  • When minimized, my internet window reads "Blogger: Fart"
  • My best friend will be back on American soil in less than two weeks and I get to hear her voice for the first time in almost 9 months.
  • Inappropriate jokes among friends are ok. Inappropriate jokes among coworkers, former professors, and your mother are not.
  • Always, always, always keep your gas task filled when it's -15 outside.
  • Always, always, always keep jumper cables in your car.
  • Take advantage of coupons, even if it seems like you're robbing the good people of Hobby Lobby.
  • I voted for Barack Obama and shamelessly enjoyed watching his inaugural speech during work hours.
  • My fiance and I have started the Total Money Makeover and thus-ly I have not purchased Starbucks in over two days. This is progress.
  • I am in complete denial that I will have to share my coveted space with a boy.
  • I am in complete denial that said boy will create a significant mess.
  • I am guilty of watching lame reality shows including, but not limited to, "Tool Academy," "Mama's Boys," MTV's "True Life," and "Diet Tribe."
  • I started running again.
  • I quit running. Again.
  • I started running again.
  • My idea of a good Sunday afternoon read is Ramona Quimby: Age 8.
  • "Wanted" is a terrible movie. Don't ever rent it.
  • "Baby Mama" is a great movie. Go rent it.
  • Yes, I went back and counted all of the bullet points and wrote this one so that they would end in an even number.

So there you have it. Maybe once I actually learn how to use this thing I can post some pictures of my life's progress. But we all know just how on the ball I am....

1 comment:

Christine said...

Oh, you made me clench up (you know what I mean) when you alluded to an unfortunate sneeze. Poor girl. And we have been doing Dave Ramsey's thing for two years now! The envelope system is the only thing that keeps us afloat, I promise. If we hadn't already had such a strict budgeting procedure in place when the boys were born, we'd be in big trouble with all the hospital bills. It's hard, I know it, but it's definitely worth it. Keep up the good work!