Friday, May 15, 2009

It's Friday (end of title)

So I started, stopped, and erased this blog post three times already. I changed the title from "Peanut Butter & Protein Shakes" to "How to Deal With Difficult People" to "Living Like No One Else" and then I just gave up. I have plenty of rough drafts for each title lollygagging around in my head, but nothing is coming to fruition. I am the only one in the office, it's raining outside, I'm butt-tired, and my coffee tastes like water (stupid office coffeepot). So what do I do when I have several ideas and no time (or brain synapses) to elaborate? I make a bulleted list.
  • It's officially cutting season and I've decided to jump on board this year. (Note: "Cutting" is a bodybuilding term for getting super lean -- usually for a contest or in my case, bikini weather.) My diet consists of water, protein shakes, veggies, chicken, protein shakes, eggs, and brown rice. Yummy, eh? I can't complain since I've lost two pounds in a week and my abs are making their long-awaited comeback.
  • Billy and I are making significant progress in our "Total Money Makeover." So far we've paid off four significant debts and will pay off two more by the end of the month. We're sticking to our budget, he has picked up several overtime shifts, and I'm selling everything but the kitchen sink. We are living like no one else so that one day, we can live like no one else. Dave Ramsey, you are our hero.
  • Patience has never been my strong point. I have a very difficult time dealing with the intellectually challenged (read: stupid idiots). One of these days I'm going to end up in the HR office, having to explain how my desk chair flew out the window and why I pulled all my hair out. But really, I love my job.
  • I know I will get a lot of flack for this, but in my opinion, I do not think anyone should get married before they AT LEAST graduate college and spend some time in the real world. I have 18, 19, and 20 year olds coming into my office to apply for married housing -- these are teenagers! Marriage is so much more than just sex and playing house, and I fear that so many young people fail to realize this. I know there are always exceptions (love you, Mom and Dad!) but I strongly believe that students need a heavy dose of reality rather than hormones.

Ok. That's all for now.

P.S. I know that "Keeping Up With the Cases" is having a garage sale tomorrow as well, but I would really love it if you would take some time to visit ours too. 404 S. Rivard (behind the Mickey's) in Bourbonnais. 8:00am-Noon. You won't regret it.

No comments: