Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dream a Little Dream With Me (Part I)

I'll be honest -- sometimes thinking of the future is so intimidating that I break out in hives and curl up on the couch with a box of Ding Dongs. But other times, when all of our bills are paid and the bathroom is clean, Billy and I enjoy dreaming about our future together. Join me, won't you?
This:

will be our faithful four-legged sidekick, Rufus. We'll also adopt an ex-racing greyhound and an American Staffordshire Terrier (the less intimidating pseudonym for a pit bull). Sorry, mom. I'll send pictures of your grandchildren.

This:

will be my chariot. I've always dreamed of owning a yellow Nissan Xterra so I can traverse the rugged Rocky Mountains or forge through the mighty Mississippi or fend off rogue shopping carts at the local Jewel. Ok seriously, I want one so when (if?) we decide to have these:

They'll think their mom is the coolest ever. Yes, I want all boys and no, I do not plan on birthing a black or hispanic child (JCrew likes to keep their ads politically correct). Yes, I will dress my boys in cute Oxford-ian outfits that I bought either on clearance or at a garage sale. Yes, they will hate me for it. Yes, I know I've been back and forth -- ok mostly back -- on the idea of having children, but when my husband looks like this:


Can you blame me?! Good Lord Almighty.
Be on the lookout for Part II -- when Billy and I buy a LeBaron, retire to Boca Raton, and survive on a diet of Wheat Thins and Tab.

1 comment:

Brasil said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.