Ugh. Nothing saps the life right outta you like a cold. The Man started feeling a bit under the weather early on in the week and being the amazing wife that I am, subjected myself to the thousands of germs he sneezed and coughed onto my face while taking care of him. Thus, I've spent the last two days snuggled up on my couch with enough DayQuil, Afrin, cough drops, zinc drops, grape juice, and kleenexes to make it through Armageddon. Seriously.
All of that being said, I've had some time on my hands to finally update the blog. And since it's Friday, I think it's fitting to finally bring back the Five on Friday. And let me tell you....it's a DOOZY!
1. I guess I should probably start with the biggest news of all. Remember that super-top-secret-yet-possibly-life-changing job interview the Man had a few weeks ago? After several trips and one very important phone call, the Man has been officially offered a job as a police officer from the Louisville Metro Police Department! That's Louisville, my friends. As in, Kentucky. Yee haw.
2. Subsequently, our lives have gone from 0 to 648 mph in less than two weeks. The Man will be leaving for academy in two weeks, while I stay here through Christmas to finish out my job. We've already taken several trips down south for orientation, HR stuff, and to search for a place to live. It's been stressful to say the least, but it's so exciting knowing that the Lord has finally answered our prayers.
3. In the midst of the job offer, we thought it would be a good idea to get a dog. A few days after the Man was offered the job, we adopted an 18 month old American Staffordshire Terrier affection ally known as Hoss. Unfortunately, I got caught up in the excitement of finally getting a dog that I didn't exactly think it all the way through. Trying to take care of a dog while searching for a new job, finding a new place, and saying goodbye to my husband for two months is not exactly the best timing. So after many arguments and tears, we said goodbye to Hoss. We're hoping to adopt another dog once we're settled into a routine down south.
4. I'm sick. This sucks. My nose hurts. My sinuses hurt. My whole body hurts. And I'm sick of watching daytime TV.
5. If I have to watch one more stupid election commercial, I'm going to move to Canada and forget this whole thing. At least I'm moving to redneck country where you either vote Republican or you don't show your face. Makes the decision easy.
So in short, I'm sick and we're moving to Kentucky. Happy Friday!