Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Somewhat Short and Slightly Sweet

It's no secret. I LOVE lists: Top 10 Lists, grocery lists, Christmas lists, song lists, to-do lists, "I'm-so-far-behind-in-my-wedding-planning" lists...give me a pen and some bullet points and I'm a happy girl. This being said, here is a list of recent life happenings (in no particular order):

1. I decided to throw Billy a surprise birthday party. This is his first birthday party ever and my first time planning a surprise party. Results are pending...

2. Yet another one of Illinois' governors has been arrested. Never before have I been so proud to call "Crook County" home.

3. Yes, I do update my blog at work and no I do not feel guilty about it.

4. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly I can blow through $500. And what do I have to show for it? Car insurance, heat, water, and a pork roast. Merry Christmas.

5. I had a dream last night that I made out with John Malkovich. I'm afraid to ever shut my eyes again. *shudders*

6. I have no shame admitting that I am ditching a work Christmas party to watch the live season finale of "The Biggest Loser."

7. I also have no shame in rotating ornaments in various annual Christmas ornament exchanges.

8. My fiance was late for dinner the other day because he had a "runner" as he was leaving work. Two hours and a lost shoe later, he caught the guy hiding in the woods. This is my (future) life as a juvenile-delinquent case worker's wife.

9. I refuse to associate myself with anything even remotely related to the Twilight series.

10. Did you know that I never have to watch and/or read the news? My coworker provides up-to-the-minute updates on the governor's charges, the spiraling economy, and the dog who pulled its owner out of a burning truck in Iowa.

11. My house has a million Christmas decorations in it, but my desk only has one sad little snow globe and a Christmas peppermint nougat. Bah Humbug!

12. Odd numbers scare me so this is my last post.

1 comment:

Christine said...

We spent our bonus on mundane things like medical bills. Fa la la la la.

And you just need to give in to Twilight. I held out, and then caved, and I'm just so glad because of it.