Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Purpose Driven Blog

I'm thinking that my blog needs to take a certain direction; it needs to have a purpose; a theme, if you will. Most of the blogs I read are dedicated to certain topics or areas in life: restoring an old house, adjusting to life as a redneck, wrangling three small children, 365 days of crock potting, garage sales, etc.

As I was laying in bed last night, listening to the Man sing "Deep in the Heart of Texas" in a Reba-esque accent, I found what I was looking for. I should probably consult my friends and members of my family before I mention them in my blog posts, but it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission, right? I love you all dearly and have no qualms with most family members (except for the select few who choose not to speak to me, but it's their loss -- I'm a hoot). Besides, let's be honest -- my life is a bit of a freak show. And freak shows are entertaining.

Don't worry, I'm not going to post anything too embarrassing, like the Man's obsession with Celine Dion or my mother's secret love for ponytails on men. But as a warning, if you do or say something completely ridiculous, you bet I'm going to write about it. 'Til then....

No comments: