Wednesday, November 19, 2008

One of "Those" People

Never in my life have I been one of those people who are hopelessly addicted to a television show -- until now. I hate to admit it, but I am truly, madly, deeply addicted to The Biggest Loser. I'm sure there are worse shows out there to be addicted to (Grey's Anatomy, Family Guy, All My Children, etc), but still -- blocking out a two hour window every Tuesday evening is a bit much. And it's not just that I refuse to be interrupted, but my dear friend and fellow addict Faith and I act as though we actually have an opinion on the outcome of the show. We scream at the players, throw things at the TV, make sarcastic comments towards the trainers, flail about the living room in angst over a poor voting choice, and so on. To make matters worse -- and I can't believe I'm admitting this publicly -- we eat ridiculously unhealthy food and comment on how disgustingly obese the players are. We've even gone to such lengths as commenting on the eliminated players blogs and creating the Heba-Hater's Club here at work. Shameful, I know.

The saddest part of it all is that I'm completely unwilling to stop! I've thought of dozens of other activities I could do within that two hour time frame -- like finishing (er, starting) my Christmas shopping or cleaning out my garage -- yet nothing seems to fulfill my Tuesday nights like a vicarious workout session with Bob & Jillian. So until the season finale, my couch will continue to take a beating, Little Caesar's will continue to receive our weekly business, and my blood pressure will continue its roller coaster ride. Go ahead and judge me -- I'm too busy commenting on Coleen's blog to even notice...

1 comment:

Christine said...

Lauren! You rock! And so does Ramona, so subsequently you have the coolest blog. Keep it up. I just read all of your posts and found them all delightful, so don't keep me waiting.