Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Back to the Future

So there. We did it. After more than two years of dating and a 10 month engagement, Billy and I finally tied the knot. It was, without a doubt, the single best day of my life. Praise the Lord none of my previous worries came to pass, and everything went off without a hitch. Everyone showed up on time (sans the men at the rehearsal dinner), dressed appropriately (sans the ushers' white socks with their tuxes), and no one was seriously injured (sans the small cut above my eye while swing dancing). Bottom line - I believe God was glorified in our union.

And since I love lists, I made the Top 10 Wedding Moments! Here they are (in no particular order):
  1. Singing "I Have Confidence" from The Sound of Music with my bridesmaids and mom while getting our hair done.
  2. Watching my 7 year old cousin (and ring bearer) dance his heart out at the reception.
  3. Spending a few precious days with my best friends (watching The Holiday, eating puppy chow, dancing in the living room, singing karaoke, etc.) before starting the greatest adventure of my life.
  4. Seeing Billy for the first time before the ceremony - we both cried out of joy for the work God has done.
  5. Finding my dad's old Styx cd in the car on our honeymoon and singing our hearts out in the middle of the Smokey Mountains.
  6. Being surrounded by people who knew just how special that day was for Billy and I, and are witnesses to God's faithfulness.
  7. Dancing with my neighbor, who is terminally ill with pancreatic cancer and vowed to live long enough to see my wedding day.
  8. Ordering pizza and drinking $4 champagne on the wedding night.
  9. Breaking two bustles on my dress while swing dancing with Dr. Michael Stabile. My heart still races. :)
  10. Praying with my mom and bridesmaids before the ceremony. I am blessed to have such wonderful women of God in my life.

No comments: