Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy 8th of July?

Ever since I learned how to post pictures on my blog, I find all of my non-picture posts quite boring. And since I'm so efficient at capturing our life happenings on film, I'm using pictures from last summer to describe our fun-filled day at the beach this past Monday. Don't judge me.

Billy and I have a pseudo-tradition of taking a day off of work and going to the Warren Dunes in Michigan. Yes, it's a long drive but the luxury of actually seeing the sun in the summer is well worth it. *Please note that even though these pictures are from last summer, they are eerily similar to our adventure two days ago. What exciting lives we live. I digress....

Before leaving, we hit the local Wal-Mart and stock up on Igloo essentials such as sub sandwiches, sweet tea, blackberries, and of course, DoubleStuf Oreos. What we don't bring, however, is suntan lotion.

We throw caution to the wind, reserve our optimal UV exposure spot, stuff our faces with food, and end up fried like an egg on blacktop. (How's THAT for an analogy?!) Sunburn aside, we've come to cherish the time we have together to just relax and get away. We haven't and won't get many chances to take vacations, so these little "get-aways" are heaven. Pure blistered, heat exhausted, aloe-soaked heaven.

And by the way, this was the first year I went without seeing fireworks on the 4th of July. I caught three large mouth bass and two bluegill instead. Yee-haw!

No comments: