Tuesday, December 15, 2009

C is for Creeper

I'm not quite at the "stalker" level of say Jennifer Garner or Kevin Bacon, but I am fairly certain I have my very own creeper. One of the many perks of working at a university is unlimited free access to the fitness center on campus. A few months ago, an older gentleman approached me in the gym and introduced himself as a fellow staff member. We started chatting about fitness goals and workout programs, and he told me that his daughter is a certified personal trainer. He continued to explain how he wants to gain muscle and get back into shape. (Fun fact: the man is two inches shorter than me and probably weights 100 pounds soaking wet.) I gave him a few pointers, a smile, and continued with my workout.

Since then, he has been at the gym the same time I have: every.single.day. He comes in, puts his stuff away in a cubby, and then proceeds to stare at me for the duration of his my workout. Sure he'll go to different machines and do a couple of sets, but every time I glance over at him he is literally staring at me. He doesn't blink, he doesn't try to be subtle, and he will purposely switch machines/benches to get a better view. I tried working out a little later in the evening to throw him off, but sure enough after a day or two he caught on. I brought the Man with me one night and (to the Man's delight) left no doubt that I was married. The creeper continues to stare. Last night I actually cut my workout short and left early because I felt so uncomfortable. I've done my best to avoid eye contact and ignore him....

But I'm not that passive.



To be continued....

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yikes! In the category of "You know you're a creeper if..."

Megan said...

J is for Judo Chop

Christine said...

I'm laughing at the image of you leaving no doubt in anyone's mind that you are married. Ewww!

And I'm positively HANGING on the edge of my seat to find out what happened.

Laura said...

update?? or maybe i missed it?