Thursday, December 3, 2009

I Married a Nerd

You would never guess by looking at the Man that he is, in fact, rather nerdy. He's a backwoods jock who loves guns, trucks, muscle, and basically any activity involving physical harm. Sure he enjoys playing Ages of Empires on the computer every now and then, but who doesn't? However, this morning I realized just how epically nerdy my husband really is.

His new job has him working 12 hour shifts (6pm-6am), so he's just getting home from work when I'm waking up. After our groggy greetings, he stumbles into the bathroom (typical). Luckily, our duplex has two full bathrooms, back-to-back. I'm in the master bathroom blow drying my hair when I hear a tapping noise coming from the other bathroom. I ignore it, but then it keeps happening every few minutes: tap-tap-tap. I do my makeup: tap-tap-tap. I brush my teeth: tap-tap-tap. I get dressed: tap-tap-tap. I can't figure out what the heck he's doing in there, but I've learned my lesson to never open the door for the sake of my health. Tap-tap-tap. It gets progressively louder: TAP-TAP-TAP-TAP!! Right when I was about to yell at him to quit banging on the walls, I discover what the noise is....

Tap-tap-tap. "CHECKMATE!"

The Man was playing chess. By himself. While sitting on the toilet.

*sigh* I can't make this stuff up. He has offically earned his Nerd Card.

No comments: