Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanks a Lot

I know, I know, I know, I really stink at updating my blog sometimes. It's like dieting or interior decorating -- my creativity comes and goes in spurts. (Not that dieting necessarily facilitates creativity, but if I can justify chocolate chip pancakes as a healthy meal, I'd say that's pretty darn innovative.) Sometimes I have so many ideas rolling around in my head, I am creating blog posts in my sleep. Other times, I just sit and stare at the wall. And since I update my blog during work hours, on a few occasions I have had to forgo writing to, you know, keep my job.

All of that is to say, I'm back and I'm fat. The Man and I took full advantage of our long Thanksgiving weekend by eating not one, not two, not three, but FOUR Thanksgiving meals in three days. That has to be a record of some sort. We spent Thursday afternoon at our friends' house in town where we loaded up on southern essentials, drove to my parents' house for a pot roast dinner, had an impromptu Thanksgiving meal on Friday (still at my parents) with all the trimmings, and then went to my sister's on Saturday for the annual Tomjackweizeler Thanksgiving Extravaganza! If you've never heard of it, you're missing out. 16 people in a two-bedroom apartment, crammed with enough food to feed Yemen. Needless to say, come my baptism Sunday morning (more on that in another post), I sank like a freakin' rock. Hallelujah, amen.

On a more serious note, this weekend I finally took time to reflect on the blessings in my life and the way the Lord has provided. A year ago the Man and I were two college grads struggling to make ends meet and trying to pay for a wedding-- God has since blessed our financial stewardship (and our marriage) tenfold. A few years ago I was a blundering idiot who thought I had life figured out on my own -- until the Lord knocked me upside my head and ransomed my heart. A few weeks ago I questioned God's will and His presence -- but I found peace in knowing that He who cares for the sparrows, watches over me. Our lives are far from perfect (i.e. crashing into the Man's parked motorcycle with my car), but we can rest assured that God will continue to provide if we continue to seek Him.

No comments: