Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Week Late and a Buck Short

I'm just going to come right out and say it: I am absolutely terrible at remembering important dates. Birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, bah mitzvahs -- you name it, I forget about it. Sometimes I have my act together enough to buy a card, but then I almost always forget to send it (i.e. the two Mother's Day cards sitting on my coffee table).
Please do not take offense. It's not personal (usually) and I still love you (probably).
That being said:

Last week my dear friend Megan celebrated her 25th birthday! (By the way, please let me know when we get too old to publicly admit our ages.....most people think I'm 14 so I'm eager to tell my real age. Thanks.)

Megster (as I like to call her) and I were randomly selected as roommates while attending Oxford University in England. Our house parent told us that we were put together since we shared a love of country music. 5 years later, we're still thick as thieves.

From England to San Francisco to Chicago to England (again) to Scotland to Santa Barbara to Disneyland to Washington DC....it's safe to say we've had quite a few "abentures." (Who else can sing the entire Wicked soundtrack a capella while walking across the English countryside?!) We've climbed mountains, jumped through bogs, drank Lord knows how many cups of Starbucks, memorized The Holiday, wrote papers until we cried, shared our deepest fears, and laughed until we ached.

She's been such a loyal friend through the good, the bad, and the downright ugly. So Megster, I hope you had the BEST birthday and I promise that one day we'll celebrate your birthday ON your birthday! Much love to you, my friend.

No comments: