Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Procrastination is an Art

Ok, so it's no big secret that the Man and I are moving south. He moved in with friends and has been in police academy for over a month now. We found a wonderful town home in southern Indiana, I submitted my resignation letter, booked a moving truck, and have December 18th circled in red and labeled "MOVING DAY" on my refrigerator calendar. It's no surprise that we're moving.

So then why didn't anyone tell me that moving requires packing and cleaning?

Ever since the Man accepted his new job, I've been putting off the fact that I had to pack and clean. I keep saying to myself, "Oh we're not moving until Christmas. We've got plenty of time to pack." Thanksgiving has come and gone and even so, I was thinking that December 18th was eons away. After looking at my calendar this morning, I have exactly 10 days to pack up and clean my entire house.

10 days. Entire house.

Enter panic mode. I wasn't trying to procrastinate, it just kinda happened! I've been busy looking for a new job, finding a place to live, driving 520 miles every weekend to visit the Man, and keeping up with the new season of House. Priorities. But now the heat is on and I've gotta get my act together. Luckily, my wonderful parents have agreed to come down this weekend for a packing blitz. Hopefully we can get everything done so I don't have to end up packing like the Man does and just shove everything into the truck all willy nilly.

I think that's the first time I've used willy nilly in my blog. Ha ha!

Ok, I need to stop procrastinating and get to packing! Here I go...wish me luck!

No comments: