Monday, July 25, 2011

Alive and Kickin'

A typical Monday night:

-The Man is updating his workout journal, shirtless, while watching Friends.
-Dakota is licking my leg in an attempt to get onto the couch.
-A pan of brownies is cooling on the stove.
-There's a fly trapped in the blinds.
-I haven't showered in two days.

I realize that I have done a lackluster job of updating my blog, and for that I apologize. Here's a quick update of the past two months:

-The Man graduated valedictorian from Police Academy in early June. He also won the Ironman physical fitness award. He's awesome.
-I'm working at Dick's Sporting Goods and am slowly getting over the stigma of working retail. I can sell baseball bats and quote Shakespeare. Well-rounded.
-Dakota is Dakota. I'm still adjusting to having a dog, but at least now I don't have a nervous breakdown every time she barks. She's equally cute as she is snarky. Just like me.

So there. I could write a lot more, but I'm exhausted and those brownies aren't going to eat themselves. I'll update again this week when I have more time and less chocolate temptation.

No comments: