Monday, August 1, 2011

Did I Stutter?

The other night I went to bed utterly exhausted, more so than usual, and I couldn't figure out why. As I was starting to drift off, it dawned on me: I spent the majority of the evening repeating myself. We don't have kids yet, but we do have a very cheeky dog who tends to find her way into mischief. Pair her with my ever-so-snarky husband, and you've got one exhausted wife.

I started thinking about all the things I say to the Man and to Dakota, and realized that I repeat myself more times than necessary. Examples?

-"What are you eating now?"
-"Please stop eating that."
-"Are you supposed to be eating that?"
-"Don't do that; that's gross."
-"I think you need to go outside."
-"You smell."
-"I don't want to _____, I'm too tired."
-"Please don't pee on the rug."
-"Go to bed."
-"Get off the couch."
-"When was the last time you took a bath/shower?"
-"Why don't you listen?"
-"Sometimes I think God put you in my life just to annoy me."
-"You're trying my patience."
-"So help me God, if there's a mess in there...."
-"I love you." (I had to throw this one in to make up for everything else.)

It's a never-ending crapshoot as to what they're going to do next, but I love 'em and wouldn't trade them for the world.

No comments: